Overview About The Article
Creating content is one of the many jobs where one’s passion is truly expressed. Do you know that people can celebrate and appreciate different types of content creators through Patreon?
In this article, we will discuss all the important information about Patreon. What is it and how can you participate to give content creators the appreciation they deserve?
What is Patreon?
Patreon is a great platform where content creators and fans can mingle and communicate. It works through the help of financial tools where people can subscribe and give tips to a lot of content and projects. With this, creators will have more income and budget to continue their work.
In this modern time, arts are also expressed in a digital way. So not only painters, artists, musicians, and authors are the only applicable creators on Patreon. YouTubers, Podcast creators, Photography, and the likes can also participate.
Patreon is not like Kickstarter. Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform, where people can fund products that still don’t exist. Patreon on the other hand helps those projects that are already published or launched.
How to Sign Up on Patreon
In order to create an account on Patreon, follow these guides:
1. Go to patreon.com/signup
2. You can choose to create an account using your Facebook or Google accounts.
3. Or you may fill out the following details
4. When you are done putting up the details, click Sign Up.
5. Go to your email and confirm your Patreon account.
6. Set up all the needed information on your account.
How to Become a Creator?
1. To become a creator on Patreon, look for the “become a creator” button. By clicking this, you can publish any content that you have created.
2. You will then go to the creators’ page. If this is your first time, make sure to read all the necessary information for content creators.
3. Click CREATE PAGE.
4. You will then go to your creator page. This will give you the liberty to edit your page. Look for tabs above that say Settings, About, Rewards, Goals, Thanks, and Payments.
This platform offers three types of plans. They are Lite, Pro, and Premium. Each of them has a different set of features to offer.
The Lite Patreon plan offers simple tools where you can set up recurring support from your fans. This plan includes:
- Hosted Creator Page by Patreon.com.
- Patron communication tools to be more engaged and create a wonderful relationship with your patrons. You can do this via email, direct messaging, and published posts.
- Entitled for Patreon workshops that will surely help you to set up your page
The amount of this plan is 5% of your monthly Patreon profit.
It is the recommended plan by the platform. This plan has more features than Lite. With this, you can surely create a business where fans can be members that will surely give you more profit. This will also serve your fans to have a better experience with your content.
The Pro Plan includes:
- Every feature included on the Lite Plan
- Membership Tiers
- Analytics and Insights
- Special Offers Promo Tools
- Creator-led Workshops
- Unlimited App Integrations
- Priority Customer Support
The payment for the Pro Plan is 8% of the monthly income you earn on Patreon.
This is quite a big plan. It has all the features of both Lite and Pro plans plus more. Premium Plan entitles you to have dedicated support and coaching from other creators who have already established themselves on Patreon.
This plan also provides these features:
- All features offered on Lite and Pro plans
- Partner Manager
- Merch for membership
- Team accounts
The premium plan will cost you to pay 12% of your monthly Patreon earnings.
General Features for any Plan
- Direct relationships with fans
- Patron support
- Tools for business
- Creator-first education
- Payouts are flexible
- Mobile app
There are also flexible processing fees:
Patreon accepts payment thru Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and PayPal.
How do Membership Tiers work?
Membership tiers can be achieved when you get the Pro Plan. It works by building a group of fans that will subscribe to your page and projects. Content creators can depend on their subscription rates based on the number of tiers. Casual fans can donate a low amount, while those with more dedicated followers can ask for higher payment rates.
Content creators can be optional. It is up to them if they want to have a single-tier or more. The more tier you have as a creator, the more effort you need to manage your rewards and communications.
Know the Cons Before Using Patreon
There are important things that you should know before using Patreons. Take a look at these cons:
- The analytics created by Patreon is unpredictable
- Free structure does not make a lot of sense
Alternatives for Patreon
If you are not satisfied with this platform, here are the best alternatives for you:
- Heights Platform
- Buy Me a Coffee
Patreon is such a wonderful platform for fans and content creators to share their ideas. We can say that this website can surely help you in making a good income online. Of course, like any other business, you need to give more and more effort to achieve your goals. Also, Patreon is not free, so creating an account will also cost you some money. Make sure that your investments won’t go to waste and use this as an inspiration to create more wonderful content.
If you are not satisfied with Patreon, you can still look for some other alternatives. If you have other passions like creating hand-made art pieces, you can also consider Etsy for one.
With this article, we hope we are able to help you learn about this wonderful Platform.