What is an OTT Platform?
Having a Streaming Business will be easier through the help of an OTT Platform. Although there are just a few of them, we were able to list down at least eight of the best OTT Platforms in the market today.
First, let’s discuss OTT, which stands for over-the-top. These are media viewing services from the internet. Meaning to say, you need to have an internet connection to use them. Through the internet, OTT no longer needs cable, television satellite, and broadcast to give you the content that you need and want.
Typically, OTT offers live TV, and shows. Most of them are very popular like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Sling, and a lot more. It is a factor why hundreds of thousands of people are becoming cord-cutters nowadays.
But there are great platforms wherein you can broadcast your videos, live streams, or other media to any internet-supported devices. These are the ones that we will focus on in this article.
Characteristics of a Good OTT Platform:
- Lets you send your videos to other devices
- Messaging services
- Audio streaming
- Manage and monetize your videos
- Records Live Stream
- Online Video Player
- Great Subscription Prices
- Presents User’s Analytics in a Level Format
Best OTT Platforms
As we said above, we list down the top 8 best OTT Platforms which show great characteristics and ideal prices for you and your streaming business.
We can say that Uscreen is the best when it comes to monetization your videos. It can easily launch them to any device of your choice, whether it is an Android TV, tablet, or even phone. That is why we list is as the top among the best OTT Platforms on this list.
The average launch time for Uscreen is about 1 to 2 months. This is basically one of the fastest launchers compared with other platforms.
It offers great services such as SSL, 24/7 monitoring, secured payment info, and data, and provides complete data ownership.
- Analyses and tracks user behavior
- Allows offline viewing
- Fast video launching time (30-60 days)
- The CRM is centralized
- Your business profit and revenue is yours and yours alone
- Some features are in-app purchases
- Offers ready-to-use templates for Video on demand (VoD)
- Has an HTML5 player (offers no buffering)
- Can reduce churn rate to almost 35%
- Supports Apple and Chromecast devices
- Free web hosting and free SSL certificate
There are two types of payment that you can choose for Uscreen.tv, they are annually, and monthly. However, you can choose between 3 types of plans.
To know more about Uscreen.tv, you can read our article: Uscreen.tv OTT Platform Review.
Another one for the best OTT Platforms is Muvi. The goal of Muvi is to launch videos and audios just like how the popular ones like Hulu, Netflix, Spotify, etc did it. It is indeed the best platform for audio and video streaming. Muvi is somehow unique because not all platforms provide audio streaming functions and features. That is why we can say that this is truly a multi-media streaming services platform.
- Supports iOS and Android apps and devices as well as Smart TVs
- Allows payments using various kinds of currencies
- Lets you use your very own domain to host your media and contents
- Offers different video monetizing functions like ads for videos, subscription-based, and PPV
- OTT Platform not just for videos but also for audio as well
- There is no coding to use the platform
- Helps you grow your audience by letting you create an app for iOS, Androids, and smart tv
- 24x7x365 Support
You can choose between five plans when it comes to Muvi. Take a look at their prices as well as their included features:
Please take note that all plans include Unlimited transcoding, content, subscribers, and views, World’s most comprehensive Video/Audio CMS, 24x7x365 Support, No contract. Cancel anytime, and No setup/configuration time/fee.
Learn more about Muvi by reading our MUVI OTT Platform Review
This is the solution for your end-to-end SaaS and VoD hosting problems. It offers its services to different mobile devices and different platforms. One unique characteristic is how it helps users increase their audience range by letting them access the Chinese market. Because of this unique feature, Dacast became one of the best OTT Platforms listed on this article.
- Has a nice media workflow (recording to transcoding to all-device video player)
- Provides high-quality video streaming using top CDNs
- 24/7 customer support
- Through the use of APIs, you can easily monetize all of your videos
- Supports HTML5 player
- Lets users access China market
- Makes you manage all of your content and media
- Allows you to broadcast your sports contents and videos
- If you have good internet speed, then your video quality will be as smooth and as good as you want it to be.
- You can upload large memory videos through the use of FTP
- It lets you pre-schedule your videos to ensure that your broadcast is 24/7
- You can host your live classes with the help of this platform
- Allow your viewers to pay in real-time when viewing your videos
- The video transcoding somehow make a different rendition for your original content
The plans for Dacast include the following prices and features:
To know more about this platform, read the Dacast review article.
IBM Watson Media
If you are looking for a good OTT platform with no budget constraints, then IBM Watson is your best choice. It is best for enterprises that are scalable OTT solutions.
The platform offers cloud streaming, and video services such as storage, and GPU computation. It offers great features like streaming, transcoding, speech-to-text automation, video hosting, and analytics.
- Helps audience engagement
- Automate your speeches to text
- Offers CDNs for great worldwide deliverance of your video content
- Offer Live Streaming
- Lets you stream VoD (video-on-demand)
- Supports different languages
- Provides live chat ad Q&A for customer support
- Preschedule your videos to play at a specific time
- There are no bitrate nor resolution nor capping
- You can record and share video privately and publicly
- Simplify metadata for video compilation and ingestion
- Supports any device of different size for video adjusting
There are three plans available on IBM Watson Media. They are Silver, Gold, and Platinum. You can get a 30-day free trial with complete features once you purchase a specific plan. Take a look at their prices below:
Silver: $99.00 monthly
Gold: $499.00 monthly
Platinum: $999.00 monthly
To understand better about IBM Watson Media, read this article.
This is the best platform for business-critical applications. Wowza is so flexible that it can be used for almost all types of industry. It has its own CDNs to surely deliver all contents throughout the world.
Wowza offers great services to worldwide and local industries such as Cloud Streaming, Software for Streaming Servers, Solution for Live Coding, and Expertise for Live Streaming.
- Enable VR Streaming for more advanced technologies; 360 degrees for gaming and other purposes.
- Has a WebRTC that lets you send messaged and queries to the browser
- It has a mobile app where you can live stream anytime anywhere
- Offers real-time support while the stream is on-going
- It has multiple cloud service providers
- Has multi-level security
- No need for encoding while streaming as it has embed camera IP whether you are using mobile or web
There are two types of plans for Wowza:
Learn more about the Wowza Review
This platform is best for collaborative OTT experience for corporate purposes. It offers video-on-demand SaaS solutions. Kaltura promotes training, marketing, sales, collaboration, and training.
You can also use this platform to host video meetings with no limited number of participants.
The best characteristic is that you can use its advanced analytical features to assess your video quality and performance in real-time.
- Provides personalized experience to your viewers
- Has a 99.995% Uptime
- Offers tools to make videos be more interactive
- You can create a podcast using this platform
- Kultura Pitch help you grab more attention from a lot of viewers
- User-friendly interface
- Can easily edit videos with captions, translations, and transcriptions
- Allows more engagement through polls, quizzes, collaborative whiteboards, breakout rooms, and note taking
- Tracks responses to improve sales
- Synchronize with PowerPoint Presentations
- Townhall Features provides more collaborative and interactive functions
The pricing plan is structural. You can choose which functions and features you want to purchase and pay the total price at the end.
Take note that the service provides 30-day free trial.
Know more about the service by reading this Kaltura Review Article
JW Player Live
Through the JW Player Live OTT Platform, you can launch new apps mobile with any connected TV immediately.
The pricing for the app which we will discuss further is quotation-based.
You can easily reach your audiences using this platform. The OTT app by JW Player helps you monetize your videos.
- Article matching features
- Supports iOS, Android mobile apps
- Scalable OTT Apps
- Offers built-in support for Google IMA, Google DFP, Adx, SpotX, and FreeWheel
- Allows integration with other platforms like Google, Adobe, Nielsen, and more.
There is a 30-day free trial and a starter pack. You can also customize your features and pricing with JW Player Live.
To know more about this platform, you can read the JW Player Live article.
We will not have a list of the best OTT Platforms without Vimeo. using Vimeo OTT, you will experience a full-scale video content experience. It is one of the most popular platforms in the market today. Vimeo will help you do all the work for video streaming. You can manage, control, and access everything easily through Vimeo OTT.
- No downtime
- Easy navigation
- Auto archive for streaming
- In-app purchases
- 27/7 customer support
- Supports pay-per-view and subscription-based
- Great global delivery for all types of content
- Allows you to manage, and customize your videos through API
- You can use polls, audience chat, and Q&A to promote engagement
- Implement DRM (Digital Rights Management)
There are three types of plans for Vimeo. The best part is, the prices aren’t that high compared with others.
Please read our Vimeo OTT review to find out more.
Technical Features That You Should Look for in an OTT Platform:
- HTML5 Video
- Allows Customization
- Great Live Streaming tools and functions
- SDKs and APIs
- Analytical in-depth reporting
We congratulate you for having a streaming business. Although it might not be easy, we really think that these platforms will come in handy to help you.
As each and every service has its own uniqueness and features, we suggest you should pick the best fit for your business.
We hope that this article was able to help you know the best OTT Platform for your streaming business.